[Spce-user] SIPWise performance settings for DELL R620

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Wed Feb 26 03:23:52 EST 2014

El Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:19:32 +0100 (CET)
Joel Smith | VOZELIA <joel at vozelia.com> escribió:

> Hi everybody,
>
> We are going to install sipwise on a dedicated DELL R620 with 2x Intel
> E5-2630 v2 XEON 2.6Ghz six-core CPU and 32GB RAM.
>
> Does the ngcp installer set performance settings according to the hardware it
> detects or should this be done manually once the installation is complete?
>
> Is there any doc / guidelines I can follow to set the correct parameters for
> the mentioned hardware?

Hi Joel

You will have 24(!) processor threads running in that system. There's almost
nothing you should tweak as it will be able to handle thousands of calls. I
guess your bottleneck might be the hdd or the network card.

Depending on the version you're running what you should check is the following:

- Bufferpool size for mysql. It's in config.yml and you can set it safely to
  8GB or even more at your will. In PRO systems we usually set it up to 50%
  of the available RAM.

- SHM mem size for kamailio proxy and lb. 1GB should be enough to handle more
  than 2K concurrent calls.

In the 3.x handbook you have a chapter dedicated to explain some configuration
options that can impact in the system performance

http://www.sipwise.com/doc/3.1/spce/ar01s13.html#_system_requirements_and_performance

cheers,

Jon