[Spce-user] sipwise 3.1 (CE) and websocket support

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Sat Feb 15 02:25:15 EST 2014

Hi Ashu,

On 15/02/14 01:20, Ashutosh Apte wrote:
> 1: I notice that sipML5 offers payload type 126 for DTMF. However, the
> legacy gateway that I'm using ignores that and responds with 101. This
> is obviously an issue on the legacy gateway and I'm trying to see if I
> can resolve it on that end. In the absence of that, the sipML5 client
> falls back to SIP INFO method. The kamailio proxy responds back with 405
> "Method Not Allowed". A cursory look at
> /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/proxy/proxy.cfg.tt2 seems to
> indicate that INFO is not supported and hence it returns an error
> response. Is there a way to change the proxy to have the SIP INFO
> message sent over to the legacy gateway?
>
> (P.S. I tweaked proxy.cfg.tt2 to route INFO to ROUTE_PBX_REQUEST but
> that caused the proxy to respond with either 486 Busy here or 408
> Timeout so I've reverted those changes.)

It should be ROUTE_PRX_REQUEST, see this thread:
http://lists.sipwise.com/pipermail/spce-user/2014-February/005788.html
If that's what you did, I'd suppose that INFO gets relayed to the legacy
gateway and gw is the one that responds with 486 or 408. Have a look at
the network trace or kamailio-lb.log (without debug - ngcp-kamctl lb
fifo debug 2), if unsure send me the kamailio-proxy log so as to see if
INFO is handled correctly.
Spce can't transcode DTMF like webrtc2sip.org does..

> 2: My bigger issue at the moment is that even though the call is
> successfully established between the sipML5 client and the legacy
> gateway (that plays an IVR script), I cannot hear any audio on the
> sipML5 side. I've captured network packets on both ends and:
>
> a: Legacy gateway end: I can successfully listen to what is being spoken
> on the sipML5 end (microphone is working, in other words) and I can also
> confirm that valid packets are being streamed out.
>
> b: sipML5 client end: Since the RTP streams are encrypted, I can not
> play them back through the network capture tool. I do know that the
> speakers are working properly as I can hear the ringback tone (that is
> locally generated) and DTMF tones when pressing keys on the keypad
> (again, locally generated)
>
> so it seems that the media path is working one way:
> sipML5 --> mediaproxy --> legacy gateway [OK]
> legacy gateway --> mediaproxy --> sipML5 [Not OK]

Let's see your /var/log/ngcp/rtp.log, it should show A/B side RTP
statistics in the end and the flags mediaproxy-ng was called with..

cheers,
Andrew