[Spce-user] Fax problem

Abel Alejandro aalejandro at alliedtechnologygrouppr.com
Wed Jan 15 12:16:22 EST 2014

Hello,

I have some fax issues and I am not sure how to find the problem.

My test topology looks like this:

ATA -> Sipwise -> My carrier -> PSTN

In this setup fax calls usually do not work, they work like 2 out of 12.

However if I request my carrier to provide an account for the ATA and
change the topology to:

ATA -> My carrier -> PSTN

Then calls work without issue.

My sipwise is on a HP server without virtualization, and the cpu idle does
not go below 90%. I do not have more than 10 concurrent calls so there is
no traffic issue.

Codec is g711, pass thru is enabled (not using t.38).

Running tcpdump on the sipserver and analyzing the capture with wireshark
only shows about 0.01% pkt loss due to jitter. However the tcpdumps always
have packet drops due to kernel, not sure if this is normal.

Any tips?

--
*Abel Alejandro*

787 586 8313 | 787 705 0555