[Spce-user] SBC outbound_proxy setting

Schaefer, Larry Larry.Schaefer at pgi.com
Tue Jan 21 14:13:12 EST 2014

I am trying to add SPCE with SBC application into an existing SIP architecture, seeing if I could replace an existing SBC with SPEC SBC.

I have questions about the outbound_proxy setting and how it handles failures.  The following A record points to four IP addresses, but in my architecture, I might expect only a couple of the IP addresses to respond (service is running in Amazon EC2, so servers might come and go).

outbound_proxy=sip:blob.dev.us-west-1.bobdev.pgi.com

Is there a way to have the SBC attempt the next address if it gets a timeout from sending the original invite?  The behavior I see now is that if the server that is picked is unavailable, then a 408 Timeout response is sent back to the client.

Is there any type of retry setting on the SBC to have it attempt multiple servers before returning the 408 back to the client?

I have also attempted to create a service locator SVR DNS address (_sip._udp.blob.dev.us-west-1.bobdev.pgi.com), and SBC uses that address, but also does not attempt next server if the selected server does not respond.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great...

Thanks,
Larry