[Spce-user] No Audio from VoiceMail System

Stephen Donovan Stephen at newbreakcommunications.com
Sun Jan 26 20:28:07 EST 2014

I'll chime in as the host of one of the vm setups tested with Jeremie. It wasn't nice. Sipwise is very sensitive to storage latency. It will not run on shared storage consisting of 7200 rpm desktop SATA drives. I suspect it would run fine on lightly loaded shared 15k sas drives fine. What we found was even 100ms of storage latency would kill sipwise to the point of dropping calls. I now run it on a physical server with 15k sas drives in raid 1 and have no issues and believe in a true carrier class installation this is how it should be. I'll keep my vms for running pbx instances, mail servers and internal systems. They do a good job of that. Anything database / disk io intensive needs something a little more dedicated.

Stephen Donovan
Network Engineer
Newbreak Communications
601-456-0556