[Spce-user] Contact header Replace - MOdify

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Sun Jul 13 05:22:11 EDT 2014

Hi,
Which contact you would like to change ?
If you change the LB Contact header (sip:ngcp-lb at IP) you will break all
the call flow.
Contact header is not used in SIP to fetch information about the caller,
Contact header doesn't contain information about CallerID and it is not
used to decode Caller ID.
>From Header or P-Asserted-Identity are used for this purpose.

Sorry, but if your endpoint is trying to use Contact to fetch caller id
information looks like a broken endpoint, cause contact doesn't carry
such information.
It is used as R-URI in ACK and BYE messages.

I've never seen an operator SIP device fetching caller id info from
Contact header.

Daniel