[Spce-user] Contact header Replace - MOdify

Lorenzo Mangani lorenzo.mangani at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 05:56:32 EDT 2014

Leopoldo,

This sounds quite honestly insane - I know of GPON FTTH endpoints
(triple-play boxes etc) handling this properly, so it is not a general
issue to justify such approach, rather the endpoint handling this as a
direct IP call due to its config possibly - but call presentation is an
ENDPOINT preference at the end of the day, it does not justify for killing
a standard on the server. If you already tried using/sending the proper
Caller-ID presentation headers (as Daniel pointed, also in previous
instances of this case) I would suggest handling this horrible exception
outside of the CE (start a separate middleware Kamailio instance to try
take care of this unlikely transformation towards the peer, or use another
b2bua toward the endpoints) without jeopardizing the SPCE core
functionality and without breaking SIP for all the properly implemented
endpoints.

Lorenzo Mangani

HOMER / PCAPTURE DEV TEAM
Desk: +31 20 8080468 / +1 202-632-7227