[Spce-user] Hair-pinning through SPCE - Loss of RTP Traffic

Gary Nieboer gary at netdiverse.com
Sat Jul 12 22:30:04 EDT 2014

I have been able to do additional testing.

If the SPCE is version 2.8, everything appears to work fine in the above
scenarios.

If the SPCE is version 3.2.1   or 3.3.1, then we have this failure.

In addition, if an attended transfer or unattended transfer occurs through
the FreePBX, we don't have an issue.  However, if we just have the FreePBX
perform a Call Forward, then the call is not "complete" until it is
re-routed out the SPCE.  Then we lose audio.

I read about a feature enhancement with 3.x, and it included a new
variable:   bypass_rtpproxy   We would like the SPCE to proxy all rtp and
potentially it is trying to bypass since both calls through the FreePBX are
from the same IP.   Where might we find this variable?

Please let me know if you may have any other ideas.

Thanks,

Gary