[Spce-user] Peer to Peer SPCE (B2BUA)

Gary Nieboer gary at netdiverse.com
Mon Jun 2 17:52:51 EDT 2014

Thanks Daniel,

That makes sense and is very helpful.

Please help me a bit more with this example:

Peer A:  Inbound Only From Carrier A (no outbound)

Peer B:  Default Outbound To Carrier B (no inbound)

Peers C through Peer Z:  Client PBXs  (Trusted for Inbound and Outbound)

A call from Peer D to PSTN will use Peer B for outbound.
A call from PSTN to Peer D will come in on Peer A, match the peering rule
and route to Peer D

Now if Peer D goes off-line and is unavailable:

A call from PSTN to Peer D will come in on Peer A, attempt to Invite Peer D
Peer D is unavailable so the Invite will fail.
Next SPCE attempts the call to Peer B (Outbound PSTN)

Then the call comes back into SPCE on Peer A resulting in a loop.

I prefer that SPCE sends a 503 or similar to Peer A when Peer D isn't
available rather than attempting to route out the default route to Peer D.
 Then Peer A can attempt additional fail-over procedures.

Please let me know if you would like more detail, or if you have any
recommendations.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

-Gary