[Spce-user] Fwd: Re: Blacklist t.38 fax codec

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Fri Jun 20 08:24:09 EDT 2014

Could be,
as I see also the normal t38 negotiation is client-dependent....it

But from RFC3261:

 During the session, either Alice or Bob may decide to change the
   characteristics of the media session.  This is accomplished by
   sending a re-INVITE containing a new media description.  This re-
   INVITE references the existing dialog so that the other party knows
   that it is to modify an existing session instead of establishing a
   new session.  The other party sends a 200 (OK) to accept the change.
   The requestor responds to the 200 (OK) with an ACK.  If the other
   party does not accept the change, he sends an error response such as
   488 (Not Acceptable Here), which also receives an ACK.  However, the
   failure of the re-INVITE does not cause the existing call to fail -
   the session continues using the previously negotiated
   characteristics.

Daniel