[Spce-user] Fwd: Re: Blacklist t.38 fax codec

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Sat Jun 21 00:38:35 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 04:19:02PM +0200, Leopoldo Iglesia wrote:
> It actually is answered, but really not, cause ot tries to be a fax,
> and it??s not. It rings, i took the phone and no audio, so  the call
> is canceled as it??s supossed to ba a fax.
>
> That??s the main thing on "blacklisting" fax

You 'getting the handset' doesn't mean that 'call got answered'.

SIP protocol NEEDS that the '200 Ok' reach the orginal partie to consider
the call 'answered'

So maybe you have a very common problem within the VoIP world ...
SIP-Device that doesn't respect the standar.

Taking a look at your log ... I see the 127.0.0.1 address, probably
from the common SPCE-CE config.

Maybe you should take a look at the sipwise website and apply the
'trick' for the Audiocodes devices.

As a general advice to all ... there are LOT, TONS of SIP-Devices
outthere that will simple refuse to work 'as expected' when they found
something like 'localhost', '127.0.0.1' and so on the SIP-headers

I'm sure your ploblem comes from there ... and not from sending a fax
on T.38 format.

Best regards