[Spce-user] authentication to peers

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Fri Mar 28 09:49:51 EDT 2014

Hi Marc,

On 03/28/2014 12:34 PM, Marc Storck wrote:
> I have created a peer for which I have defined “peer_auth_user” and
> “ peer_auth_pass”. Additionally I have set the “outbound_from_user”
> to “Peer authentication name”.

Just in case: is peer_auth_realm defined too? These three settings are
really meant to be used all together. If they are defined the system
sets From as described in the handbook and ignores the
"outbound_from_user" setting.

But if realm is not defined and “outbound_from_user” is set to “Peer
authentication name”, this is not going to work because
"outbound_from_user" stands for the complete header, so if one part of
the header is not defined (either user or domain/realm) then the
setting is ignored. If you want to change this, edit proxy.cfg.tt2,
route ROUTE_PREPARE_CALLER_CLI, search for the line starting with else
if($var(ccli_selector) == "peer_auth_user")...

Regards,
Andrew