[Spce-user] Rewrite Match Question

Gary Nieboer gary at nieboer.com
Fri May 9 13:35:35 EDT 2014

Thanks Daniel !!

Background:

In this instance - our SipWise server is ONLY acting as an SBC between
peers.   There are client peers (usually running Asterisk/FreePBX or
similar) and carrier peers (Level 3, Comcast, etc..).  There are no
subscribers on the server.

One specific client/peer has 2 sites and we do not control the management
of their FreePBX.
We are providing them with SIP Trunking only.

We have very high (Rougue E911) costs if we send a 911 call to our Carrier
Peer, and the Caller Telephone Number is not in the carrier's E911
database.  We pay a price per number to have a 911 entry in the database,
so for a client with 2 physical locations but 300 DIDs, we have only 2
entries in the database.   When we control the Client's Peer server, we can
control how E911 flows and limit the "Emergency outbound CallerID" per
extension/site.   In this instance, I'm concerned the client peer will send
us a "Caller" telephone number that isn't in the database, and our costs
could be significant.

I want to have a way to re-write the Caller Number on an E911 call, if it
isn't a recognized caller number.

As I write this, I may have a solution... Can I set up Multiple Peers with
the Same Peer IP Address? (I'll probably test this later today)   If so, I
could set up a my default carrier/peer 50.50.50.50 for default outbound
calls, but then also set up an "Emergency Carrier/Peer" 50.50.50.50 with
only a "callee pattern" of 911.    Then, I can apply a specific Caller
re-write rule on the "Emergency Carrier/Peer"  The "match" of Callee is
done with the Callee Pattern match of the peer, and the Caller pattern
match of the applicable re-write rule.

What do you think?  Will this work?  Is there an easier way?

-Gary