[Spce-user] New Install

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Mon May 12 03:52:51 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 05/11/2014 10:01 PM, Horace Miles wrote:
> Thanks for the reply but as I said I am new to all of this: This is what I have done and checked so far.
>
> I am not sure where to configure the servers IP as the outbound proxy.  If have checked the following locations but didn’t find anything that I think I would change:
> /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/proxy
> Proxy.cfg.tt2
> Kamailio.cfg.tt2
> Registrar.cfg.tt2
>
> I did not find an entry for outbound_proxy in /etc/ngcp-config/config.yml
>
> I probably not in the correct area but that seemed the logical places to look.  So where do I change this at?
>
> I have created SRV records in DNS at the ISP to point to my server.
>
> The server will accept a registration from sip:IP-Address but not sip:FQDN

We were referring to the client settings. Each SIP client like Jitsi
allows you to specify outbound proxy which can be different from domain.
But now that you have created the SRV records in DNS, it's not needed
any more. Let's look why you can't register when using FQDN. Did you
create domain=FQDN or domain=IP in the sip:provider's admin panel? You
need to have domain=FQDN and you should put all of your subscribers in
that domain.. This is most likely the reason why you can't register.

But I can't comment for sure without having the proxy log file.. So if
this is not the case please share the part of
/var/log/ngcp/kamailio-proxy.log related to that registration.

> Using Jitsi, I can connect using sipuser at ip-address
> I can send video
>
> However when I try to chat I get a 403 forbidden error in Jitsi.
> Log says M= MESSAGE
> Notice HANDLING MESSAGE REQUEST - R= sip: user-x
> Notice MESSAGE REQUEST DENIED - sip:user-y is not authorized to sip user-x, retcode 2
>
> I get the above error when trying to chat from either UA.

Chat/presence is enabled by default in all recent version (by setting
presence: yes in /etc/ngcp-config/config.yml), but depending on your
client you may have to follow instructions from this thread:
http://lists.sipwise.com/pipermail/spce-user/2013-June/004290.html

Andrew