[Spce-user] Server requirements

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue May 27 04:40:23 EDT 2014

El Mon, 26 May 2014 13:10:28 -0400
"Santiago Albanese" <santiago.albanese at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hello:
>
> I am looking for recommendations regarding server specs. I have a new Dell
> R520, 96MB RAM, several TB of disc space on chassis and dual Intel Xeon
> E5-2430 v2 2.50GHz, 15M Cache, 7.2GT/s QPI, Turbo, 6 cores each, dual
> internal SD cards. And a Dell R620 16MB RAM, 160GB SSD Drives, One Intel
> Xeon E5-2620 2.00GHz, 15M Cache, 7.2GT/s QPI, Turbo, 6 cores and Dual
> internal SD cards. Can I run several instances (or one) of SPCE in a vmware
> environment on the R520 or is it better to have the R620 dedicated for SPCE?
> I can figure out that dedicated is better than shared, but looking for
> experiences on running it virtualized and resources it needs. I assume the
> R520 has plenty of power to "dedicate" to the SPCE via VMware.
>
> Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.
>
> Santiago

Hi Santiago

It depends on the load you will have on the system. Are we talking about 50
concurrent calls or 500?

Id's say as long as your HD IO is good enough you won't have problems running
it virtualized. Although if you hit high load I would use dedicated hardware
and take care about IO.

In my experience RAM is the most important thing to have in the SPCE. Then, HDD
IO (raid 10 is a good idea IMHO). CPU is not that important or intensive. If
running in virtual environments take care if HDD speed and network card
interruptions.

cheers,

Jon