[Spce-user] Troubleshooting an asterisk server that keeps losing registration.

Matthew Ogden matthew at tenacit.net
Sat Nov 1 05:51:21 EDT 2014

Hi Danel & Kalen

Is this not the same issue I had? Mine was because it's using a stale
nonce - which NGCP rejects. Basically if you send to many 401s or 407s the
LB will ban it with a 403.
So we were seeing a lot of asterisk boxes give up (and ours was an appliance
that cannot retry automatically after 403)

You can stop spce from blocking stale nonce registrations.  See this thread:
http://lists.sipwise.com/pipermail/spce-user/2014-January/005712.html

Daniel's suggestion was to add the P-NGCP-Stale header in the proxy, and
then make the LB only do a 401 if it wasn't present.

It saved me from a LOT of headaches.

Thanks again!