[Spce-user] RTPEngine Bridge feature on mr3.5.1

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Sun Nov 9 15:35:10 EST 2014

Hello all,

Doing more testing on the mr3.5.1, saw that rtpengine now have support for what it's called 'bridge' feature, one of the most interested features that this new version give us is to use 'logical' rtp interfaces names, but as far as I see ... the mr3.5.1 templates does not use this feature.

If we define an extra_socket on the config.xml to let the LB listen/reply on other interfaces more than sip_ext ... if you use that on the peering servers for forcing an outbound socket, the RTP continues to be the sip_ext ip ... could be usefull if we are been able to set also the logical rtp interface name on the  peering server page, along with the outbound socket.

Is this feature planed for 3.6? ... or may I missed something and it's implemented on mr3.5.1 and this could be done other way?

Best regards.