[Spce-user] Outgoing callerID on SIP Subscriber Diversion

Kalen Krueger kalen at npinfo.com
Thu Nov 13 11:19:43 EST 2014

Thanks in advance for any assistance you are able to provide.

Here is our basic config.

<PSTN> -- <SPCE> --<Asterisk SIP>

Here is what we know:
Our PSTN provider does not restrict outgoing CallerID.
If you set a Call Forward on the SPCE subscriber the original CallerID is maintained.
Outgoing calls from the Asterisk system can use any CallerID that is listed in allowed_cli's list in access restrictions of the subscriber.

Here is what we want to be able to do:
Have the Asterisk system (subscriber) be able to forward the call to an external number (cell phone) and maintain the original CallerID.
Be restricted to only use the allowed_cli's for regular outgoing calls.

With some PSTN providers that restrict outgoing CallerID to only specific valid numbers we have used a Diversion header(on the asterisk system)  to allow the original CallerID to be passed.

Here is my observations from the Asterisk Systems perspective (subscriber pbx)
CallerID of original incoming call to subscriber: 1112223333
Subscriber alias dialed: 4445556666
Cell Phone Number the call is forwarded to be the asterisk system 7778889999

INVITE sip:7778889999 at myspcehost.com SIP/2.0