[Spce-user] New sip:provider CE mr3.6.1 available

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Fri Nov 14 11:07:25 EST 2014

Dear Marc,

Thank you for reporting. Please find my in-line replies:

On 14/11/14 12:23, Marc Storck wrote:
[...skipped...]
> /usr/share/ngcp-upgrade-mr3.6.1/upgrade-mr3.5.1-to-mr3.6.1: line 79: /etc/init.d/ngcp-hylafaxplus: No such file or directory
> /usr/share/ngcp-upgrade-mr3.6.1/upgrade-mr3.5.1-to-mr3.6.1: line 79: /etc/init.d/ngcp-iaxmodem: No such file or directory

mr3.5.1 has unnecessary services in
/usr/share/ngcp-system-tools-ce/ngcp.inc (it is a file with list of
services to be manages during maintenance). Error says that such
services are no exist which is correct. mr3.5.2 and mr3.6.1 have no such
services in list.

I have sent on review the hotfix for mr3.5.1 to hide this errors for
following users.

> Starting MySQL database server: mysqld . . . . . . . . . . . . . . failed!
> Starting DB backup /var/backup/ngcp-mr3.6.1/
> mysqldump: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) when trying to connect

It looks like /etc/mysql/sipwise.cnf contains not valid password for
sipwise user for some reason.
Can you please check that this works for you:
> source /etc/mysql/sipwise.cnf ; mysql -usipwise -p"${SIPWISE_DB_PASSWORD}" -e "select 'ALL OK' as Status"
And fix the password if it is wrong.

> Restarting web server: apache2no listening sockets available, shutting down
> Unable to open logs
> Action 'start' failed.
> The Apache error log may have more information.
>   failed!
> Warning: /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/apache2/sites-available/ngcpcfg.services returned with error code, continuing anyway.

Please re-read release notes:
>>     Apache is not going to be installed on new installations since
>> mr3.6.1, while we keep it installed during upgrade. Feel free to remove
>> it manually using “apt-get purge apache2″ if you do not use it.
>> Otherwise, please migrate your virtualhosts to Nginx and remove Apache.

Still, I suppose upgrade finished successfully and all works after
reboot, isn't it? I hope so.

Anyway, tnx for reporting the issues you noticed!

--
Alexander Lutay
Head of Quality Assurance

Office: +43(0)13012036
Email: alutay at sipwise.com
Website: http://www.sipwise.com

Meet us @ AFRICACOM : Booth A17/A18
11-13 November 2014 : CTICC Cape Town, South Africa