[Spce-user] billing integration

Jeremy Ward jward01 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 21:34:17 EST 2014

Not only is it a hole in many open-source projects, its a hole in many
lower end of the price range closed source products ($1-$2/Mo per seat/line)

For instance, VoipNOW does real time rating, but to use billing you have to
use their crappy integrated "Automation" product. It comes with a customer
facing front end (even automated deployment of subscribers) but its not
even smart enough to allow an end user to select a DID in their region
during signup. You still have to manually assign a DID, unless you want it
to pick one from your pool which could be anywhere.

If you manually create an account through the admin portal, there's no way
to bill what you created through the Automation component.

What's more, is that customers have to log into two different interfaces,
one to pay their bill, and another to look at their individual charged
calls and then run a report, it's not even presented on the bill and
there's no way to integrate the two without building something from scratch
that uses their API.

The vendors answer: use our API, or buy Parallels Automation (at about $90K
USD, plus a quarterly revenue share).

Whoever solves this huge hole and does so under one product, low cost or
open-source, is going to get some serious market share.

Jeremy D. Ward, CWNE
(954) 661-4965