[Spce-user] billing integration

Sebastien Lesimple slesimple at laposte.net
Fri Nov 21 03:39:58 EST 2014

Nop, no 2 seconds integration for the prepay feature with SPCE.

However, you might want to reconsider handling your prepay (traffic
shut-off) at the billing system level, because there might be a flaw in
the approach.
I am far from being an expert on the prepay stuff so don't take it as a
word of expert, but based on my investigations on the subject, it is not
that simple to get things clean...

You would have to check in real time the number of concurrent calls and
running cost for any given customers and maitain a running balance and
match it againts the credit limit.
(a cron to check the running cost every sec on every call for the
computer guys approache, or in the signaling/voice strean for the
network guys, or something alike).

So either you use Freeside do it does it "live", which might be quite
some work to get to a very clean solution;
Or you import CDRs from SPCE, and then you have an issue as SPCE
produces CDR Files once every 5 hours or once it reaches a define number
of calls, not great if you have wholesale prepaid clients...

Bottom line, I would use the SPCE individual billing plan and fraud
detection to control the prepay part and Freeside to produce invoices,
account for the payments (Credit Cards, Wire etc...), get your customers
slef service for invoices, CDR files etc...
And unlock the account in SPCE via the APIs once the credit is applyed
in Freeside, see the idea?

Now there might be better billing solutions out there so don't take that
approach as the best one, it is just the way I would do it do get up and
running real quick with limited resources...

Seb.