[Spce-user] Backup Carrier

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Tue Nov 25 06:30:37 EST 2014

Hi,
you should create 2 peering groups with different priority, isp1 with
prio higher then isp2.
Inside each group set you peering server:

isp1 group
server: peer1

isp2 group
server: peer2

on each group you have to specify also the same peering rule, like:

isp1 group
server: peer1
rule: ISP_

isp2 group
server: peer2
rule: ISP_

the secret is to prefix the calls you want to forward to isp1/isp2 with
the Inbound rewrite rules, with 'ISP_'.
The calls will match the isp1/isp2 rules, and the system will order the
2 groups based on the priority, so isp1 will be used first.
If it fail isp2 should be used as backup.

Then, on the OUTBOUND rewrite rules of your peer, just remove the
ISP_prefix before send the call out.

Daniel