[Spce-user] Fwd: Re: swap

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Mon Nov 10 08:19:27 EST 2014

Dear fry,

You have small amount of RAM 2Gb, while ngcp-panel
(catalyst PERL-based WEB application) loves memory a lot.
BTW, pull requests to improve ngcp-panel memory usage are welcome!

NGCP configured for high performance on PRO/Carrier customer by default,
so it has 10 ngcp-panel fastcgi processes by default (see config.yml):
  www_admin->fastcgi_workers=10
  www_csc->fastcgi_workers=10
I would recommend you decrease it till 2-3. It should fix your problem.

JFYI, by default 50% of RAM is passed to MySQL for InnoDB buffer pool,
you can also decrease this value (which is not recommended for
production usage).

Also, you can use the script /usr/sbin/ngcp-toggle-performance-config
which helps you decrease performance options on lowest level if you have
small amount of RAM (it is recommended for test systems only, like VMs
and/or Cloud based installations):
> root at spce:/etc/ngcp-config# /usr/sbin/ngcp-toggle-performance-config
> /usr/sbin/ngcp-toggle-performance-config - tool to adjust sip:provider configuration for low/high performance
>
>   --help                Display this usage information
>   --high-performance    Adjust configuration for system with normal/high performance
>   --low-performance     Adjust configuration for system with low performance (e.g. VMs)
>
> root at spce:/etc/ngcp-config#

Also you can check the script content to tune the system yourself,
to decrease resource usage on unnecessary for you parts.

I hope it has helped you a bit.

--
Alexander Lutay
Head of Quality Assurance

Office: +43(0)13012036
Email: alutay at sipwise.com
Website: http://www.sipwise.com

Meet us @ AFRICACOM : Booth A17/A18
11-13 November 2014 : CTICC Cape Town, South Africa