[Spce-user] asterisk integration

Robert Schwartz smellyspice at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 07:40:06 EDT 2014

So is the only difference between hooking up an asterisk server to ngcp  as
a subscriber or a peer, billing and reporting?

Into am also trying to use ngcp to provide the following  2 key a services
to a Aasterisk PBX

1. Pstn connectivity: ngcp has peering to other itsps and provides Asterisk
with inbound and outbound calling

2. Ngcp acts as a session border controller (SBC) for extensions located
off site and connects those extensions back to asterisk

I've seen the blog post on the sipwise site about setting up an SBC, but I
did not completely understand how to set this up. A. Ore detailed
explanation would be helpful.

Thanks

Ropb
 Hi,
you don't need to be registered to place calls, so if you can't place
calls and lost registration it might be a firewall/network issue.
Again, without logs/trace/something we can't say more than this.

Daniel

On 10/21/2014 11:22 AM, Tóth Csaba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks, i already wrote i want to use asterisk at my clients, so i
> create a subscriber in sipwise, and register asterisk to that. And not
> the call disconnects, just the asterisk's registration lost (after one
> or two minute). Asterisk says i am not registered, and no calls goes in
> and out.
> And i am interested in working real configs. Theoretically i know how it
> should work, where are the logs, but we don't see any problems at
> sipwise part and we believe both asterisk and sipwise are configured well.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Csaba
>

> 2014.10.21. 11:03 keltezéssel, Daniel Grotti írta:
>> Hi,
>> well it depends if the Asterisk box is peer for you or a subscriber (so
>> and end point you want to bill).
>> In the first case you can configure a peering server in NGCP, in the
>> second case you should have set a subscriber and register your Asterisk
>> box on NGCP.
>>
>> Regarding your issue, a kamailio-proxy.log would be useful.
>> If the call get disconnected, it could be several reasons, session
>> timers, wrong ACK format.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

>> On 10/21/2014 10:51 AM, Tóth Csaba wrote:
>>> Dear community,
>>>
>>> i am very new to sipwise, we just started to use it.
>>> My question, what is the suggested config to connect a client with an
>>> asterisk? So i create a subscriber and register my asterisk to that.
>>> I am interested in both sides.
>>> During our tests the asterisk always disconnect after a while, and we
>>> don't understand the reason.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Csaba