[Spce-user] MySQL DB

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Wed Apr 1 03:03:54 EDT 2015

Hi Giovanni,

On 04/01/2015 08:56 AM, Mele Giovanni wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I’d like to know if it is possible to replace the local MySQL DB by a DB
> located on another node in sipwise CE and PRO. Also, is it possible to
> use an Oracle DB? From our previous conversation about LDAP usage, I
> think it is not the case, but can you confirm it?

This is not possible in PRO. It is not suggested in CE neither, but with
CE you can play with that and try to move the DB outside.
It is not possible to use another type of DB like Oracle.
In general nobody is using another DB. NGCP needs its own db, its own
db-schema.

> Not sure it is the right place to ask, but when using the PRO version of
> sipwise, you will have one machine acting as load balancer and probably
> 2 other nodes sharing the calls. I suppose there will be 2 MySQL DB
> instances running on each node. As these instances must share the same
> information, I suppose you have to configure the DB to act as
> master-slave? Is it right?

No, PRO has shipped with 2 Dell servers in Active/Passive node. Both
nodes are identical and they share configuration and mysql data by a
master-master mysql replication. Feel free to contact our Sales
(sales at sipwise.com) to get more information about PRO system.

Daniel