[Spce-user] Issue with RTP proxy on dual interface host

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Mon Aug 17 04:00:24 EDT 2015

On 08/17/2015 08:55 AM, Andrew Yager wrote:
>         - sip_ext
>         - rtp_ext
>         - ssh_ext
>         - web_int
>     eth1:
>       ip: 10.237.217.254
>       netmask: 255.255.255.252
>       type:
>         - sip_ext
>         - rtp_ext
>
> The peer appears to be set up correctly and behaving normally; but I
> might be missing something. Can you suggest where to debug/what we
> might have possibly done wrong from the above description. Happy to
> provide more info as needed.

The network.yml is not correct, you should not put rtp_ext on more than
one interface.
Also you may remove the sip_ext type from eth1 because they have to be
specified in the extra sockets.
(see our Handbook chapter "Extra SIP listening ports":
https://www.sipwise.org/doc/mr3.8.2/spce/ar01s05.html#_extra_sip_listening_ports)
it does no harm and makes almost on differences whether you put sip_ext
there or not..
But the important thing is that rtp_ext is supposed to be unique. For
your peer you may invent a new type beginning with "rtp_", just put
whatever you like, e.g. "rtp_mypeer":
 This is recognized by the ngcpcfg framework and the new rtp interface
automatically appears in the Browser (preference rtp_interface) - just
like with extra_sockets option.
Execute ngcpcfg apply and check ps auxww | grep rtpengine
you'll see that it knows now two RTP interfaces with different labels:
ext/XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX and mypeer/10.237.217.254.
After that finish the peer configuration via web UI:
- select the previously configured SIP interface from the list in
preference outbound_socket;
- set preference rtp_interface to "mypeer".

Regards,
Andrew