[Spce-user] LTS installation errors

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Wed Aug 26 06:06:36 EDT 2015

Dear Sergey,

On 08/25/2015 09:30 PM, Sergey Kharlamov wrote:
> I make a new installation and got couple questions:
>
> 1. [FAIL] Restarting web application: ngcp-ossbss  not running[....] ngcp-ossbss not yet configured. Edit /etc/default/ngcp-ossbss first. ... failed!
>
> What is ngcp-ossbss module? What the main uses for it? How can I configure it?

This is old and deprecated SOAP interface which is available for
compatibility during 2.8->mr3.8 LTS upgrades.
It is disabled by default, which triggers warning.

It happens because init script is installed by packages.
Probably we need to switch from "warning" to "info" here.

You can safely ignore it.

> 2. [warn] Restarting web application: ngcp-www-csc  not running[....] ngcp-www-csc not yet configured. Edit /etc/default/ngcp-www-csc first. ... (warning).
>
> As I remember ngcp-www-csc is an old user interface and it was disabled about year ago. Did you start using it again? What the main uses for it?

The same as above, disabled by default but available for
LTS upgrades compatibility. You can ignore it.

> 3. When I make a new installation on debian 7.8 using 3.8.2 LTS version , installer have install kernel vmlinuz-3.16-0.bpo.3-amd64 but default installed kernel was -
> vmlinuz-3.2.0-4-amd64
>
> After reboot, if I choose to boot 3.16-0.bpo.3-amd64 I see the error:
>
> Restarting RTP/media proxy: ngcp-rtpengine-daemonActive node or transition.
> FATAL: Module xt_RTPENGINE not found. Which kernel version it use to build that module? vmlinuz-3.16-0.bpo.3-amd64 or vmlinuz-3.2.0-4-amd64? in /usr/src/ I see headers for version
> linux-headers-3.2.0-4-amd64
>
> So, which kernel should I load?

You should always use default kernel
(currently it is the latest 3.16-0.bpo.3-amd64 ).

This is known for me issue which is reported already,
I hope to find a time to provide a fix in the nearest time.

It happens because during the installation dkms module has been
installed for already installed kernel 3.2.0-4 kernel but was NOT build
(added only) for the kernel which is already installed but not yet
configured 3.16-0.bpo.3.

Please check "dkms status" and notice "added/installed" status for
rtpengine for both kernels. Please build it manually for kernel
3.16-0.bpo.3-amd64 using (set proper version from dkms status):
> sudo dkms install -m ngcp-rtpengine -v X.X.X+0~mrX.X.X.X -k 3.16-0.bpo.3-amd64

Tnx for reporting!

--
Alexander Lutay
Head of Quality Assurance