[Spce-user] Issues with bonding on kernel 3.16-0.bpo.3-amd64 (sipwise debian repository)

Christian Benke benkokakao at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:34:43 EST 2015

Hello!

I've been having trouble getting a bonded Intel i340-T4 to run
smoothly on my sip:provider CE 3.7.1 to run smoothly, in particular I
had terribly slow upload-speeds from the server over the bonded
device.

The solution to this issue was to boot the stock kernel in Debian
Wheezy*  instead of 3.16-0.bpo.3-amd64.
*linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64 (3.2.65-1+deb7u1) at the time of writing

Is there any specific reason why I should use the backports-kernel
from the sipwise-repository instead of the current one from the
official repo?

Thanks,
Christian