[Spce-user] SIP ACK with changed Contact Header

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Wed Feb 4 10:19:08 EST 2015

12.1.1 UAS behavior

   When a UAS responds to a request with a response that establishes a
   dialog (such as a 2xx to INVITE), the UAS MUST copy all Record-Route
   header field values from the request into the response (including the
   URIs, URI parameters, and any Record-Route header field parameters,
   whether they are known or unknown to the UAS) and MUST maintain the
   order of those values.  The UAS MUST add a Contact header field to
   the response.  The Contact header field contains an address where the
   UAS would like to be contacted for subsequent requests in the dialog
   (which includes the ACK for a 2xx response in the case of an INVITE).

Please note:

"The UAS MUST add a Contact header field to
   the response.The Contact header field contains an address where the
   UAS would like to be contacted for subsequent requests in the dialog
   (which includes the ACK for a 2xx response in the case of an INVITE)."

Daniel