[Spce-user] GHOST glibc fix

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Wed Feb 4 11:33:47 EST 2015

* John Murray [Wed Feb 04, 2015 at 04:24:50PM -0000]:

> We are running SPCE V3.1.

If you're really running v3.1 this version is strongly outdated and
not supported any more, we strongly recommend to upgrade your system
to mr3.7.1.

> Are we OK to just run:

> sudo apt-get update; apt-get install --only-upgrade glibc*

> and reboot?

Basically yes, but the binary package is called libc6 (and not
glibc) and the GHOST issue is fixed in its version 2.13-38+deb7u7.
You should still upgrade also all the other packages because there
is more than just the libc6 security update since our v3.1*
release.

regards,
-mika-