[Spce-user] Issues with bonding on kernel 3.16-0.bpo.3-amd64 (sipwise debian repository)

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Tue Feb 17 09:30:11 EST 2015

Dear Christian!

On 13/02/15 18:34, Christian Benke wrote:
> Is there any specific reason why I should use the backports-kernel
> from the sipwise-repository instead of the current one from the
> official repo?

We are preparing to support mr3.8 as next LTS for the following three
years, so kernel has been upgraded to backports-kernel to be a bit
newer during the supporting period.

We are using bonding in our "Carrier" product based on IBM Flex chassis
with Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5718
Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 10). Need to check Intel i340-T4 (we have no
such in our lab right now).

Anyway thank you for sharing this information!

--
Alexander Lutay
Head of Quality Assurance

Office: +43(0)13012036