[Spce-user] rtpengine usage in serial forking

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Fri Jan 23 09:15:31 EST 2015

On 01/23/15 03:54, John Nash wrote:
> OK I get  it now. There is one more scenario I am confused about. If
> rtpengine_answer()  is called in case of session progress and 200 OK, In
> my setup I receive two session progress messages (one from some IVR and
> another from gateway) and a 200 OK.
>
> I received ports from engine as 1111 for first session progress, 2222
> from second  session progress and 2222 for 200 OK. I was hoping to get
> same port  for both session progress as call-id, from tag and to tag are
> all same.

In this case, the called client (or what appears to be the same client)
is changing media endpoints from the first answer to the second,
different port and different address. So rtpengine goes along and also
changes the endpoint between the two answers. Rtpengine always tries to
mimic what the client is doing.

cheers