[Spce-user] Call Forwardings Rewrite Rules

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Wed Jul 8 09:42:39 EDT 2015

El Wed, 8 Jul 2015 15:03:53 +0200 (CEST)
Matthias Hohl <matthias.hohl at telematica.at> escribió:

> Hello,
>

> today I found out a little problem:
>

> I added for a subscriber a permament call forwarding to a foraign country
> number.
>

> I added +49 123 123 123 and all works fine and the call was rated, but if
> I add 0049 123 123 123 the call is not rated.
>

> So no rewrite rule was found for this call.
>

> Where i must set a rewrite rule to catch the Call Forwarding numbers?
>
> For the subscriber the right rewrite rules are set. Must I set rewrite
> rules in case of call forwarding at the peering side?
>

> Thank you for your help.

Hi Matthias

AFAIR rewrite rules are not applied to call forward destinations. They are
stored as E164 format directly.

What they system does (or did) is to directly apply the rewrite rule when a
subscriber enters a destination. In the old csc (not sure the new panel) the
rewrite rule was applied at input time.

Where it wasn't applied is in the admin panel. It is suposed that an admin will
enter the number in E164 format (or maybe with a leading +) which makes rewrite
rules not needed.

In case you enter 0049... as administrator, the destination is not stored in
E164 format and that makes that destination not be used correctly by the system.