[Spce-user] Asterisk Load Balancing

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Thu Jun 25 05:01:48 EDT 2015

On 25 June 2015 at 07:05, H Yavari <hyavari at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use NGCP for load balancing about 10 Asterisk server. It is
> possible? Are there any doc? or any body can share his experience with me?

You can do this by creating a single subscriber for the Asterisk servers,
and create Permanent  Registrations for each server, and under this
Subscriber -> Preferences -> Internal -> select serial_forking_by_q_value
option.

By default when you create the Permanent registrations, they are each given
a Priority (q-value) of 1. This will mean that the outbound calls to this
subscriber will be round-robin load balanced, and if a host is down the
next will be attempted. You could also have some servers with a lower
q-value so that they would not be tried unless all the higher priority ones
are down.

If you are doing it this way, just make sure that the Asterisk boxes do not
register to NGCP, as it is not required.

Hope this helps.

-Barry