[Spce-user] WebRTC <-> RTP: No audio on public host, works fine on local vagrant VM

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Fri Mar 20 16:27:25 EDT 2015

On 20/03/15 03:48 PM, Manu Raghavan wrote:

> When running Sipwise CE mr3.7.2 from your vagrant box locally (both
> peers and the server running on the same dev host), calls work fine with
> this setup. But, when I try this same setup when running mr3.7.2 using
> your AWS image, calls establish successful signaling, but the audio is
> completely blank once the call starts out.

Amazon hosts generally are behind NAT, so you need to use the
"advertised address" feature correctly to make things work. For example
using ngcp-network, you would set --ip= to the local (private) address,
but --advertised-ip= to the public NAT address. Post your network.yml
together with details about your network setup if you're unsure about
how to config it.

Cheers