[Spce-user] LDAP configuration

Victor Seva vseva at sipwise.com
Mon Mar 30 10:10:57 EDT 2015

On 03/30/2015 04:03 PM, Mele Giovanni wrote:
> Is it a limitation of sipwise? If I'm not wrong, Kamailio has an LDAP module (openLDAP). As sipwise uses Kamailio, I was thinking it was possible. Is there a security reason why you don't have a direct link with an LDAP?

You need to add users to NGCP system using the API. For sure you can
always hack the kamailio config and use the LDAP module to check AUTH
but the user needs to exist in the system. We have a lot of preferences
there. The only advantage I see is that the LDAP password will be used
but the query for get the user preferences needs to be there anyhow. So,
from my POW I see no benefit there.

my 2 cents,
Victor