[Spce-user] Changing the from header of the sip message

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Thu May 14 04:53:06 EDT 2015

Hi,
the From user and From display can be set using the Peer's preferences outbound_from_user and outbound_from_display.
Basically when a call comes in you have to set the User provided Number (UPN) and Network Provided Number (NPN) using the inboud_upn (NPN for a call coming from a local user is the CLI) in the Domain/Subscriber's preferences.

Then the system will rewrite the UPN and NPN through the Rewrite rules set.
Before relaying the call to the peer (in yuor case) it will assign the UPN or NPN to the outbound_From_user and outbound_display_name - depending on your peer's preferences.
In this way you can rewrite the From user/Disaply name as you want and set the From header according to your outbound_from_user and outbound_from_display preferences.

Daniel