[Spce-user] user=phone and 181 forward missing

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Fri Oct 16 10:47:38 EDT 2015

Julian, see my reply below.

On 10/15/2015 09:30 PM, Julian Seifert wrote:
> we are running 4.0.1 as lab system and during some quite exhaustive tests we noticed the following.
> The first thing is in our invites the "user=phone" part is missing it appears at about 4 places in the kamailio.cfg
> of the loadbalancer but it apparently does not make it into any outgoing requests. Or is there any knob
> in the webinterface to configure that?
>
> It should look like this(taking it from kamailio-proxy.log from an incoming call from a peer)
> M=INVITE R=sip:+4995614049417;npdi;rn=+4995614049417 at lab.dacor.de;transport=udp;user=phone F=sip:+4934141400306 at lab.enviatel.de;user=phone
>
> but it looks like this (how we send it to our peer)
> M=INVITE R=sip:034141400309 at lab.dacor.de F=sip:095614049412 at lab.dacor.de

There is no knob to enable that. It depends on where you need to add
user=phone parameter, only on calls to the peer or on calls to
registered subscribers too. It should be relatively easy to implement it
for the former case in the proxy.cfg.customtt.tt2 file.
If you have a Sipwise PRO customer you are welcome to open a ticket to
expedite the resolution.

> The second is when you configure an unconditional forward for a subscriber there is no "181-forwarding" notice
> sent to the caller.
>
> Any ideas on either topic how to fix it to be the way we need it to be?

Do you have a link to specification that requires to add the
181-forwarding response? It was never requested by anybody yet, as far
as I remember. Again, it is easy to script it in proxy.cfg.customtt.tt2
file, but this can cause real interoperability issues (e.g. many
endpoints would ignore the real reply from the callee because to_tag !=
tag of generated 180 response). So, waiting for more information.

Andrew