[Spce-user] user=phone and 181 forward missing

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Mon Oct 19 05:03:23 EDT 2015

Hi Julian

On 10/17/2015 11:07 PM, Julian Seifert wrote:
> well you actually pointed me in the right direction. I looked through the proxy.conf and found the
> section for calls directed to "SIP Peering" :) (Route to PSTN)
>
> The add_uri_param came in handy and we added
>         add_uri_param("user=phone");
> just before:
>         route(ROUTE_OUTBOUND);
>
> and now I see:
> INVITE sip:095614049411 at lab.enviatel.de;user=phone SIP/2.0'
>
> leaving our server - so it seeeems to have sufficed to add it at that point :)

The only remark here is that user=phone should only be added if the
ruri-user is actually a phone number. Of course that's always a bit hard
to tell in a generic SIP environment, but you might want to check for
chars in $rU and only set the parameter if it at least looks like a
phone number, and/or if you know by other means that it's really a phone
number.

Andreas