[Spce-user] Selection of Peering Server problem

Matthias Hohl matthias.hohl at telematica.at
Tue Apr 12 12:50:00 EDT 2016

Hello,

i tested today around a lot with some settings and found out, that there is
a not so comfortable peering server selection logic.

In your handbook you wrote:

The selection of peering servers for outbound calls is done in the following
order:

*         1. whether caller or callee pattern matched.

*         2. length of the callee prefix.

*         3. priority of the peering group.

*         4. weight of the peering servers in the selected peering group.

But it looks like that this is not true.

My Example:

I have 4 Peering Groups.

1.       Peering Group: Peer A with Priority 2 => 1x Peering Server with
Weight of 1 => Peering Rule: all empty and enabled

2.       Peering Group: Peer B with Priority 9 => 1x Peering Server with
Weight of 1 => Peering Rule: no rules (just for inbound)

3.       Peering Group: Peer C with Priority 3 => 1x Peering Server with
Weight of 1 => Peering Rule: all empty and enabled

4.       Peering Group: Peer D with Priority 4 => 1x Peering Server with
Weight of 1 => Peering Rule: Caller Pattern with number 43720371xxx and
enabled

Scenario 1:

I want that every call I do from the number 43720371xxx should go out over
Peering D but this just works, if I put the Peer D to Priority 1. If I put
it on priority 2 or higher, the call goes out over Peering A or Peering C.

BTW: this just happens with "Caller Pattern" and "Callee Pattern", with
"Callee Prefix" it doesn't matter which priority the Peering Group has. The
Callee Prefix get regonized and over this Peering Group the call will go
out.

I think the Problem is, that Peer A and Peer C has "empty" Pattern Peering
Rules, so all calls should go out there and so the Caller Pattern Peering
Rule from Peer D is not regonized.

But it would better, if it checks first all peering rules if there is ANY
specific peering rule available and then use this as using the first matched
empty routes.

Is there any solution for this?

Thank You.