[Spce-user] iptables issue

Jonathan Yue jonathan.yue at turboitsolutions.com
Mon Apr 18 17:31:59 EDT 2016

Hi, all,

I customized iptables by allowing some ip addresses in INPUT chain, and
put "iptables -A INPUT -j DROP" at the bottom. Aftert that, the
execution of "iptables -L" is extremely slow; more importantly phones
can't register. packet captures ( i can still ssh to server) show that
spce doesn't respond to sip registration. I read handbook, which
mentions RTPENGINE, however it's there, untouched.
  sudo iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  77.72.169.0/24       anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  46.19.208.0/22       anywhere
............ ( a few line omitted )
rtpengine  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere             LOG level
warning

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain rtpengine (1 references)
RTPENGINE  udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             RTPENGINE
id:0

After command "iptables -D INPUT -j DROP", issue is gone right away. I
wonder what's the proper way to configure iptables on spce?

thanks,

J.