[Spce-user] Number Porting

Matthias Hohl matthias.hohl at telematica.at
Thu Apr 28 05:39:42 EDT 2016

Hello Andreas,

thanks for your answer. See my comments inlay.

Hi,
LNP docs are catching up at the moment and are going to be published soon.
In general, there are two different approaches.
First, the lock level "ported". The request this has been implemented for is
targeting the use case of "LNP light" if you want, where you set a forward
to a certain number (e.g. "<carrier prefix of new owner><number>") and set
the lock level to "ported". This causes the subscriber to not be able to
register and call anymore, however a call to this number is triggering a
forward to the destination. After like a grace period of 3 months, you
terminate the subscriber.

>> I did, but the call was not triggered to the peer if i call the "ported"
subscriber from another subscriber.
So I must set on Domain Level a "ported LNP prefix" for the subscribers, and
if ported is enabled, the call will be done with the prefix and goes to the
peering group with this peering rules. Right? Then I need the extent the
Rewrite Rule Set for the Peering Group to delete the prefix before going out
to the peer. Is this the right way? Or is there anything else to do?

The other thing is the local LNP database support. You have to enable it in
config.yml at "kamailio.proxy.lnp.enable: yes" and "kamailio.proxy.lnp.type:
local". That way, if a number is not assigned to a subscriber, an lnp lookup
is done in the DB, populating certain vars which you then can use in the new
lnp rewrite rules to for example prefix the number with the code
("${callee_lnp_prefix}" would be the typical one you'd use). Based on that
rewritten number, you can put carrier prefixes in the callee prefix of
peering rules to force certain prefixes via certain peer groups. There is
also a new value for the force outbound calls to peer preference, where you
can force a call back to a peer if it came from a peer in case the lnp
lookup yielded a result. There are more values and settings to fine-tune
(e.g. a default lnp prefix for subs/doms/peers which are written to CDRs),
more on that in the upcoming documentation.

>> I just have this options in config.yml
Kamailio.proxy.
    lnp:
      api:
        keepalive_interval: '3'
        port: '8991'
        request_timeout: '1000'
        server: localhost
      enabled: yes
      type: api

Also, the upcoming 4.4 release allows to perform lnp lookups before doing
the subscriber lookup to handle ported out numbers without having to
terminate them on the platform.

>> yah this would be the feature i would need. Just entering a number in the
ported numbers section and the call will be forced to going out to the peer,
also if the subscriber is local and active.

Andreas