[Spce-user] Best way to replace SEMS

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Fri Feb 12 16:53:36 EST 2016

El Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:42:08 +0300
Serge Yuriev <me at nevian.org> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> We need fully opaque SBC with media anchoring so I want to replace SEMS with
> something like FreeSWITCH or Asterisk. That I need besides of headers
> processing?
>
> btw There is fork of SEMS with needed features but it is a part of
> YETI-switch project and based on pretty old version. It would be nice to port
> these here.

sems is a core part of the ngcp solution. It is heavily mantained and developed
by Frafos GmbH and Sipwise spends a lot of money and time supporting the
project.

sems does much more than header filtering in the spce and even more in the pro
and carrier solutions. You cannot replace with other projects unless you want
to do heavy customization of your system. I can't even imagine how hard that
could be.

Regarding those YETI functionalities you need, it would be nice if you could
sponsor Frafos so they add those ones to their public branch. Which are they
btw?

cheers,

Jon