[Spce-user] Which version?

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Mon Jan 11 07:23:50 EST 2016

Dear Kim and Jon,

On 01/11/2016 01:00 PM, Kim Philby wrote:
> ... Are there new features in version 4?
> Where can I find the new feature list? Is version 4 ready for production?

You can find the list of new features in the each release announcement:

https://www.sipwise.org/news/announcements/sipprovider-mr4-0-1-released/
https://www.sipwise.org/news/announcements/sipprovider-mr4-1-1-released/

The current long-time-supported (LTS) release is mr3.8
(the latest build is 4, aka mr3.8.4).

While each our release has been tested carefully to provide high quality
product and ready for production. We have PRO mr4.1.1 in production already.

The only difference between LTS and non-LTS is a support timeframe,
we release builds for LTS much longer while non-LTS customer should
upgrade to new release more often.

New release = new features + bugfixes; new build = bugfixes only.

> Regarding that, I recently asked for a
> roadmap overview but I didn't receive any response yet.

We will provide reply there soon. What I can share now:
 - mr4.2 is already in testing stage and it is on Debian Jessie already
 - mr4.3 got commits for new Asterisk 11.13 from Jessie and even may be
updated to Asterisk 13
Also a lot of performance, monitoring and usability improvements.
Did you try recent (mr3.8.4+) 'ngcp-status' by chance? ;-)

> Thank you for this awesome product

You are welcome, stay tuned!

--
Alex Lutay