[Spce-user] Moving MySQL to another host

Walter Klomp walter at myrepublic.com.sg
Fri Jun 24 03:37:30 EDT 2016

Hi,

I want to offload the CPU’s of the servers a bit more to prevent RcvBuferrors which I still have, probably due to high load, and as such I have created a slave of the current MySQL server on another host.

In order to make this the “master” server, do I just have to change the dbhost entries in constants.yml?   (i’ll obviously check if the accounts are accessible from the sip server beforehand)

Would the switchover shutdown everything and start again, or will calls in progress keep on working?

Anybody else here have moved their SQL out of the box?

Thanks
Walter.