[Spce-user] New type sip_ext_incoming available in network.yml

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Wed May 4 09:48:53 EDT 2016

Hi,
we have pushed templates upgrade to all supported releases (templates
versions mr3.8.5.17+, mr3.8.6.2, mr4.2.1.21 etc) and I'd like you to
know that there is a new interface type available in network.yml now:
* sip_ext_incoming - specify it on all extra interfaces where kamailio
LB should listen for SIP traffic (it will accept OPTIONS, registrations
and calls on this address).

To be able to use an extra address as default outgoing interface for a
peer - you still need to put it as extra_sockets in config.yml and
select in peer preferences outbound_socket. Everything as described in
handbook, no changes here. (For the user/domain usually no manual change
in preferences is required because the proxy reuses the interface where
the user has registered for all traffic towards him).

So we want to make it clear that extra_sockets is for sending calls from
platform to peer and type sip_ext_incoming in network.yml is a
specification of all listen interfaces where LB should receive calls in
addition to sip_ext. Make sure you have only one sip_ext interface!

One reason for such change is that we want to behave more fair towards
gateways sending us the OPTIONS ping.. Till now the proxy was silently
dropping the OPTIONS if the OPTIONS didn't have the sip_ext IP or our
domain in the R-URI domain part (extra_sockets are irrelevant here).

Another and main reason for introducing a change is that we want users
to prevent from having more than one sip_ext address and avoid those
unexpected signaling issues in some scenarios. To put it more straight:
- sip_ext is only single address
- sip_ext_incoming are multiple
- extra_sockets are multiple.

Maybe we will go one step further at some point and allow specifying
arbitrary sip_* interface (like with rtp_*) equivalent to sip_ext thus
abandoning the extra_sockets option but that is still a long way to go.

Best regards,
Andrew