[Spce-user] customer dropping calls at 18 minutes, call duration in CDR showing much longer.

Stephen Donovan stephen at belzonicable.net
Mon Oct 24 23:43:22 EDT 2016

I'm thinking there may be an issue somewhere, I just don't know where to look...

Below CDR entry shows a call to a toll free number, my customer says she was on hold for what was supposed to be 30-60 minutes.  She said the call dropped at almost exactly 18 minutes per the timer on her phone.  I show the call going on for over an hour.  I'm going to attempt to recreate this tomorrow and do a full capture of the call including all signaling.

Any ideas on what would cause such a situation?  Everything with the customer's endpoint seems fine, no errors reported, good RF upstream and down, (Arris TG862 cable modem/router/MTA)  I'm showing no errored frames, packet loss, no reason for that to happen.  It's not every call, she claims it happens a couple times a week at most, she stays on the phone hours a day every day.  Most of the calls she reports I see end around the 18 minute mark as she's talking with someone who hangs up when the call drops, in this case where she was on an automated hold, I can only assume the call stayed up until someone answered then dropped the call when no one was there.

call_code:            200
call_id:  3f9a20-a0376fa-13c4-50029-580e4b8e-5cc5fb68-580e4b8e
call_status:         ok
call_type:            call
destination_account_id:               0
destination_carrier_billing_fee_id:
destination_carrier_billing_zone_id:
destination_carrier_cost:             0.00
destination_carrier_free_time: 0
destination_customer_billing_fee_id:
destination_customer_billing_zone_id:
destination_customer_cost:       0.00
destination_customer_free_time:          0
destination_domain:      sip1.yoursipsolutions.net
destination_domain_in:               sip1.belzonicable.com
destination_external_contract_id:
destination_external_subscriber_id:
destination_provider_id:             2
destination_user:            18008290922
destination_user_dialed:             18008290922
destination_user_id:      0
destination_user_in:      18008290922
duration:             4294.530
id:           676627
init_time:            1477346327.175
peer_auth_realm:
peer_auth_user:
rated_at:             2016-10-24 18:10:28
rating_status:    ok
source_account_id:        24
source_carrier_billing_fee_id:   1
source_carrier_billing_zone_id:                1
source_carrier_cost:      0.00
source_carrier_free_time:          0
source_cli:          16622472534
source_clir:         0
source_customer_billing_fee_id:             1
source_customer_billing_zone_id:          1
source_customer_cost:                0.00
source_customer_free_time:    0
source_domain:               sip1.belzonicable.com
source_external_contract_id:    Mary Alice Raley
source_external_subscriber_id:
source_ip:           10.3.118.250
source_provider_id:       1
source_user:     6622472534
source_user_id:               7aeb3183-d1b1-4096-8cca-dd3eef642919
start_time:         1477346329.130