[Spce-user] RE

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Fri Oct 7 05:58:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

On 07/10/16 10:36, Babu samuvel wrote:
> Hai.
>

> thanks for your response.
>
> 1) I installed OS  debian 8.1. sipwise  mr4.5.1.
> 2) I can access on  WEB interface with http://<server_ip>:1443, default
> account (administrator:administrator).
> 3) I was tried ssh from windows7 (putty)
> 4) I used the default password for user root from the manuals. Then I
> also used the password when OS installed. When I used this two
> passwords, then it shows  Permission denied

are you using su command or logging in as root via ssh?
Regarding su, this is something I have recognized in the past: the spce
enables pam_wheel module so your user needs to be a member or group root
to use su:

# cat /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/pam.d/su.tt2
#
# The PAM configuration file for the Shadow `su' service
#

# This allows root to su without passwords (normal operation)
auth       sufficient pam_rootok.so

# Uncomment this to force users to be a member of group root
# before they can use `su'. You can also add "group=foo"
# to the end of this line if you want to use a group other
# than the default "root" (but this may have side effect of
# denying "root" user, unless she's a member of "foo" or explicitly
# permitted earlier by e.g. "sufficient pam_rootok.so").
# (Replaces the `SU_WHEEL_ONLY' option from login.defs)
auth       required   pam_wheel.so

BR,
Andrew