[Spce-user] SPCE on AWS with both internal (VPC) and external endpoints

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 07:58:28 EDT 2016

Yep. I know the problem well. Solution requires a custom.tt2

If yer a SPCEpro client, then maybe that support can be more assistance. Or
i could be persuaded to share/work on code if you were willing to do the
same, in turn. ;)

--Skyler

On Sep 16, 2016 5:49 AM, "Barry Flanagan" <barry at flanagan.ie> wrote:

On 16 September 2016 at 12:40, Skyler <skchopperguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ok you got me. I read the first paragraph. Usually when we say 'dev' it
> means "working into production" lol

No, we run SPPro in production, but use a CE for testing/dev.

> VPC is a beast on its own. Sorry i gave up on it a while back. You'd
> thinknthey would just 'work' but i couldn't get it done. Thay was to reach
> a paying client even, many hours wasted for nothing.

It would all be fine apart from the inability of any hosts in the VPC from
accessing the Elastic IPs assigned to it.

I got RTP working by changing the network.yml settings for eth1 to be
rtp_aws and sip_aws and changing the prefs for this subscriber to set
rtp_interface= 'aws' but still SPCE is sending the public IP in its Route
and Contact header, so call is timing out because SPCE does not see the
ACKs.

-Barry