[Spce-user] Emergency Number Routing Peering Rule

Matthias Hohl matthias.hohl at telematica.at
Fri Sep 30 06:26:47 EDT 2016

Hello,

i hope you can help me out with this scenario:

This is an example setup: I have 2 local peering partners. One in germany
(Carrier DE) and one in austria (Carrier AT) for inbound. And also some
wholesale voip carrier (Carrier WORLD) for outbound traffic.

Normal outbound calls should go out over "Carrier WORLD".

If an austrian customer is calling an emergency number eg. "144" then the
call should go out over "Carrier AT".

If a german customer is calling an emergency number eg "112" the call should
go out over "Carrier DE".

What i have done right now:

1.)    Subsriber rewrite rule:

On Subscriber side I set this rewrite rule to flag an emergency call.

Inbound Rewrite Rules for Callee

Match Pattern: ^(110|112|122|128|133|140|141|142|144|147)$

Replacement Pattern: emergency_\1

So if a subsriber is calling 144 or 112 or whatever, the number will be
flagged with "emergency_144"

2.) Peering rewrite rule:

On Peering side i set this rewrite rule for normalizing the emergency flag:

Outbound Rewrite Rules for Callee

Match Pattern: ^emergency_(.+)$

Replacement Pattern: ${caller_cc}${caller_ac}\1

So the call is priorized in the ngcp (emergency_144) and will then
normalized back to "431144" in case of an austrian subscriber and "491144"
in case of an german subscriber.

2.)    Peering Rules:

I have some Peering Groups configurated.

One for "Carrier AT" one for "Carrier DE" and one for "Carrier WORLD".

"Carrier WORLD" has currently the default peering rule, so every call is
going out over this peering.

So my problem is, how to tell the NGCP that emergency calls should go out
over "Carrier AT" or "Carrier DE".

Which Peering Rule i must set now in the peering group "Carrier AT" and
which one in "Carrier DE" that emergency calls from a german subscriber goes
over "Carrier DE" and a emergency call from an austrian subsriber goes over
"Carrier AT".

BTW: the same behavior i also need for premium rate numbers.

I hope you can help me a bit out with that.

Thank you!